General Data Protection Regulation Policy
Should you need to contact us about any of GDPR policies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Service” refers to the purchase of tickets online, contacting us regarding our Game Show, participating in The Great Community Challenge and any of our fundraising initiatives.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
Who we are?
Empower Events Ltd is a specialist events producer known for providing fundraising solutions to sports clubs, schools and charities.
What information do we collect?
1.When you register on our site, purchase our services or send an enquiry through our website, we may collect the following personal data:
- your name, address, phone number, email address
- name of the organisation your represent
- the name, address, phone number, email address of the organisation you represent
- role within the organisation you represent
- social media and website links of the organisation you represent
- credit or debit card details
2.When you contact us (including by email, post, phone or through our social media platforms) or we contact you to take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal data, such as your name, email address and phone number (you provide when you connect with us),
- Details of emails and other digital communications we may send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys.
- Information that is generated in connection with your use of our website by our analytics tools, such as which pages you visit, how long you stay on them, and any previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used;
- Technical information that is used to assist in providing the website and our services to you, such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, device etc.; and
- Information about other websites that you may have visited.
3. Other sources of personal data:
- Photo and video coverage will be taken during our events for the purpose of broadcasting and promoting the event publicly and for the purposes of taking part in the competition itself. In some cases the photos and videos will be used for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- If we engage your services for the purpose of our event, we will collect your name, company name, address, telephone and insurance policy details.
4.Personal data you provide about other individuals:
We use personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as those people within or attached to your organisation. By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you can provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
How do we use personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services, to provide you with tickets and services.
- managing our relationship with you, including updates about your purchase and the competition implementation
- photos and videos are collected and used for promotional and competitional purposes.
- production of a fundraising brochure and other marketing materials.
- when you enter a competition run by us, we may use your name, voice, photographs for advertising or publicity purposes.
- to comply with our legal obligations, such as a court orders, subpoena, or for identification of fraud or regulatory reporting and compliance.
- providing information which may be sensitive to medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
When you provide your email address to us to enquire about our fundraising initiatives, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are held in a secure software program.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data on the following legal basis:
Consent: When you give us explicit permission to process your personal data for example, when you sign up to receive our newsletter via our website. Should you not wish to receive such communication from us please simply indicate your preference to opt out by following the directions provided in the e-mail.
Contract: When you register at our website, enter our competitions, purchase tickets, or enquire about our events or ticket sales or apply for sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
Legitimate interest: When we use photos or videos captured before, during or after our events that are related to the event itself and share them for promotional and marketing purposes or when we run competitions over local radio stations or social media we may use your personal data to better understand your interests, or to improve our services offered. Such processing is in our or a third party`s legitimate interest and these interests do not override your right to privacy. We will also use personal data relating to you for the purposes of running our fundraising initiatives, providing you with our services, communicating with you, either in response to correspondence that you send to us via the website, or where you have signed up to receive updates from the website, operating advertising campaigns, including working with third parties to display adverts to you on those third party websites on the basis of your use of our website and to track the effectiveness of the advertisements.
In some circumstances we may need to process special categories of personal data, for example health data for medical reasons, we will only do so if more than one of the additional conditions apply. For example, we have your explicit consent; to protect the vital interests of you or another individual and you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent; it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
When do we share personal data?
While Empower Events is committed to treat all personal data confidentially, in some circumstances we may need to share it other third parties:
- The still and moving footage coverage of our events in which you may appear will be shared on our platforms and others to publicise that event and future events.
- Competition winners’ personal details will be shared with media outlets following the completion of the events. Photographs and videos of you and your household will be requested before, during and/or after the event and these will be used by us for competitional and promotional purposes. We will not seek your consent prior to this still and moving footage appearing in our marketing materials.
- We share the photos and videos captured by photographers and videographers during our events on our website, social media platforms and with third party marketing agencies and print suppliers. We do request our photographers to seek your consent prior to it appearing in marketing material.
- We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. For example, companies that help us with IT services, storing data, and processing payments.
- We may need to share personal data with other third parties (such as legal, accountants or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies), to defend or protect our legal rights, or where such disclosure is permitted by law, such as for the purpose of preventing fraud.
- When we share personal data with other businesses, we require them to keep it safe, and use it only for the lawful basis on which it was shared and according to the data processing agreement. They must not sell or use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to affiliates of Empower Events who are involved in the fundraising & event management business;
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- to third party advertisers to assist in the display of advertisements on third party sites and tracking the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this privacy notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data in connection with your use of the website.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
We may occasionally update this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Privacy Notice for Clients and Business Contacts
For clients and business contacts click here to view our GDPR Privacy Notice for Clients and Business Contacts.